Monday, January 21, 2013

01/21/2013

Wooohooo in California where it is much warmer and nicer here than in Utah. Mom i must apologize to you for i should have said something on the phone but here it is many days late HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!

Alright where to begin So i got off the plan in LAX and found my mission president. He was a little late because of the fact that something happened the night before and he had to deal with it. Anyways, we went to the mission home and i met and talked with office missionaries. I had to take a driving test i passed, i think. Then my companions came and picked me up and we went straight to our area. No training or anything like normal because i am coming off transfer for the mission so i was thrown head-first into the work. Just how i like it. So we taught two lessons that day and let me tell it was two completely different atmospheres and the presence or lack of it in one was greatly felt.Then we went and met some ward members and so that was fun. 
Guess what this is a running mission. Ugggh so every morning we have to get up and run for 20 minutes at least. Come back get ready and then do personal, companionship, and language study for me and the native Korean learning English. Because this is area is struggling right now, we have to do a lot of tracting and door knocking. Which is fun and disappointing because if they answer the door it is either a quick no thanks or the talk it out with us then shut it.The food i good and because right now i am in an English ward and a Korean branch of 20 members (we're working on that ) i have quite a bit of variety of food from Hispanic food to American food to Korean food to Japanese food. Interesting note I tried Sashimi or raw fish with wasabi and soy sauce. Sorry father but it actually wasn't that bad and i kind of liked.
I have already begun to see many answers to prayers many times not mine own but others. It is awesome. So my first Sunday here was interesting because it was stake conference but i did meet the Bishop and other members. It was fun. So i taught my first lesson in Korean. I said like 3 things and i just did my best to listen and understand it was hard but i got kind of the gist of her concerns and questions.
My companions one is Korean Elder Koo and the other is from Idaho Elder Peirce. I'm in a threesome. Their cool but can but heads sometimes because of clashing of cultures. Problem is that sometimes it is hard for me to watch and not step in because i know that would be worse but it is awkward just sitting there. In all honesty i know not what to do.
My apartment fits two people snugly but with three it is crammed but we are making do and all is running smoothly. 

No comments:

Post a Comment